Sunday, March 1, 2009

Valentine's update

So I feel bad we went by Valentine's day in a rush....cause it was a very busy week. The nice thing about that week was that I felt like it was Valentine's day all week.

I didn't share this with out ultrasound blog entry, but Chad was really busy that week with 3 tests. When he found out that was the only time we could do the ultrasound, I STRESSED him out! I felt really bad, but there wasn't another time that we could do it.

So with all the stress that comes with 3 tests in a week, we set out just to get through the week. I was trying my best to have dinners made when he got home and get up and make him breakfast. Cause I know he loves this! But in the middle of all the mess, I was afraid that Chad was so busy with studying that he wasn't having time to get excited about the ultrasound. I didn't want to talk about it much, cause I didn't want to be bothering him while he was studying or make him lose focus. But to my surprise, the morning of the ultrasound I had the most beautiful note left for me telling me how excited he was!! I felt like it was Valentine's day really, but it made my day and made me so EXCITED that we were going to find out that day. It was just an amazing experience. So Chad came and ate lunch with me after his test and before the ultrasound and then as soon as the ultrasounds was finished... off he went to study. I was so glad to have his support. I just love his little laugh as he's videoing the ultrasound too!!!
But not only was that it, I got flowers on Friday (13th)when I was at work! They are way cute. Now I don't know how many of you know that I'm kind of practical like my mother..... So flowers for any event wasn't really something my mom enjoyed, cause all she could see is that they cost money and while they look pretty, don't do much else. Well this is how clever my husband is. He took an old vase that he'd bought for me with past flowers and then went and had the flower arrangement made in it!! So it was much cheaper. So I got beautiful flowers (that Chad had to beg me to throw out last night) and it didn't cost that much! He's a Genius! I'm sure lots of you understand that predicament while you are in school and are trying to scrimp and save! But it was great. So then I actually had Saturday off work, but Chad needed to study and we had just a quiet day at home and enjoyed getting to spend some time together.

So while Chad was studying I decided I was going to make the CUTEST valentine's day card for him, cause I'd been a slacker. Well I got to work and everything just wasn't coming together. So Saturday he didn't get a card. Sad huh! I'm horrible! So then the next day I finished the one I started and made a much better one too! So here are the pictures. Hope you enjoy! Sorry you can't see the cute dry embossed detailing in the picture.
This is the one that I ended up liking better!!



No comments: