So this excerpt was taken from Dieter F. Uchdorf's talk from the women's broadcast session in November 2008. I still remember the feelings I had as I sat in the Stake Center in Moscow, ID, watching this with the other sisters from the Stake around me....I was inspired or felt an answer to a prayer that I had been praying about for a while and just hadn't had the gumption or bravery to do. But after hearing this and with all the thoughts that I've had, I decided that I needed to try to sell some of the home decor things that I make to see if I could bring in some addition funds. I first got thinking about this, because friend would come into my home and comment on some of the things I've made. They have been requesting that I make them one. So I thought maybe I really could sell these? But then thoughts of doubt enter and I think I'm crazy.
Now I'm thinking I need this more after I become a mom this late summer(Another great blessing of creation in my life). I've been trying to come up with ways, that I might be able to spend more time at home with my little girl and less at work away from her, and still meet all the bills that we have coming in.
The timing of this talk was perfect. I had just talked with my friend Camille Rupp a few weeks before about maybe getting a booth at the Beasley Coliseum Craft Fair in the Spring. So this is some of the things that I had in my mind, but after hearing specifically this section of his talk (although it was all great) I realized we really needed to do it. So Camille and I have our paperwork and money submitted and we just found out that we've been accepted. So I've been busy making things to sell. So here are some of things that I've been making in preparation for the Craft show on April 3-4th!!! If anyone has a request, I'm willing to make custom orders!! Let me know.
So here are 2 sets of cards that I made.
I'll keep posting more pictures as they come!!




1 comment:
Very cute stuff!
I loved that talk! And on the crafty end of things. . .it really can be a huge blessing to have that talent. We have been able to pay off a lot of things thanks to the sales that I've had. Best of luck. Can't wait to see you guys and meet that sweet little bean!
Post a Comment