So I'm not sure how many of you were able to make it to the Women's Conference last weekend, but I thought it was fabulous. Not that I really had anything to do with that, but I conducted for opening exercises....and was amazed at the testimonies and talks that were shared, along with the great music. I was then just as amazed as I went to the classes with my neighbor Renay! It was so fun to have her there with me, even though I kept leaving her here and there to go check on something real quick. She was such a good sport and hopefully she enjoyed herself as much as I did.
But I loved 2 of the classes that I went to sooooo much! One was entitled Joy in the Journey, and was about how to help ourselves be happy in the present situation, even when the situation isn't ideal or maybe even pleasant. Sister Holly Swager did an awesome job. Then the other class was by Amy Paul talking about fitness and how to incorporate that more in our lives, even though most of us are busy working, being mothers, or students. And most are even a combination of several of these. It was just great. Again another fun personality that made exercise an obtainable thing. Awesome.
Then I can't even leave out how wonderful the decorations were for the event!! Kim and her committee did an unbelievable job. I wish I had pictures to post! (So Kim I know you have some, so you better post them or send them so I can). They did several tables around the cultural hall and also all the luncheon tables. It was very elegant looking!! Loved it! And the crispy chicken salad was great too, thanks to Christine Comstock and her mother that helped so much!
What a fulfilling day that was and nice to be over....just so we can start planning the soup and bread, cause Stake Conference Adult session is coming up in April!!
Sunday, March 15, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment