Sunday, June 28, 2009

Schwan's man

So I'm not sure how many of you know about the Schwan's man, but since I've married Chad I've come to know more and more about the Schwan's man. Within the first few months of our marriage when Chad would come grocery shopping with me we'd walk by the ice cream section and he'd always say, "We need to get some GOOD ice cream!" So I would go on to tell him to pick out whatever kind he wanted. "Oh they don't have good ice cream here, we can only get GOOD ice cream from the Schwan's man." Well with living in a such a small little apartment and not having lots of room in the freezer we only bought a 1/2 gallon once.
So recently Chad has been back on his Schwan's man kick again. (I'm sure the Barnes' are just laughing hysterically at this time, cause we told them about Chad's obsession with Schwan's man very early in our friendship, probably ever since Chad's birthday that Oct '06 when we met them a few months earlier. They had never heard of Schwan's ice cream and Chad had to tell them how wonderful it was and how they were missing out. I don't remember if they ever got a chance to taste any?) So anyway, I just about started laughing at loud when Wednesday evening Chad answered the door and the Schwan's man addressed Chad by name and asked him if there was anything we wanted. Now I'm not sure if it's just a sales man thing to know who your customer's names are, or that Chad and I have been ordering ice cream enough lately that he knows Chad on a first name basis!! He has been coming by every 2 weeks for the last few months!! And we have the cute little neon orange stickers on the calendar to mark the every other Wednesday, just so we don't forget. Chad was disappointed a few weeks ago that my Dr's appointment was so late in the day on a Schwan's man Wednesday that I might not be at the house when the Schwan's man would come so we could get our ice cream we ordered! Good thing though, Chad made it home early enough from rotations that we got our ice cream order anyway. I'm sure that Chad counts that as a blessing for sure.
I have to admit though, I've gotten quite fond of the the great ice cream and the chicken cordon bleu and chicken Parmesan entrees they sell too. It's just nice sometimes to not have to cook anything for dinner. So we have a few in the freezer to help appease those urges when the baby comes. So if you haven't had the opportunity to taste Schwan's ice cream, Chad and I urge you to try it!!! And if you need recommendations of what to try first. We can do that too!!! But try at your own disgression, cause your husband's might start getting very excited when they see the Schwan's man truck where ever they might see one!

4 comments:

Deb said...

I am laughing so hard because I almost blogged about this 2 weeks ago! :)

But it's not Luke that gets super excited when the Schwan man comes, it's the kids! We actually stalked the Schwan Man and begged him to stop by our house! Now Bill is a regular visitor every 2 weeks!

Our outdoor freezer is stocked with creamy deliciousness in the form of ice cream sandwiches, rainbow sticks, and push 'ems. Oh, and a few frozen pizzas - they are the best frozen pizzas!

The inside freezer holds 1/2 gallon of summer's dream ice cream and 2 bags of Schwan man broccoli.

It's good stuff!

Jen said...

haha best blog ever.

Aves said...

Oh man, I've heard the Schwan's man is AWESOME!! I'd love to try their ice cream, YUM! PS I am glad I am not the only one missing Idaho Falls for the 4th. I have ever since I moved, and its not fun. Bummer! I miss the good old days.

Coleman Family said...

Where is that baby?!!