Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Change of mood

Okay I'm finally up from getting about 3 uninterrupted hours of sleep!! It was Heavenly. And so know I have the rest of the day to do whatever I want!! Chad told me yesterday that I need to hop on the elliptical and go for it!. We'll see if I'm that desperate or if my patience has come back.
(I finally added pictures to the pregnancy update/father's day post if your interested in picts.)

So yesterday I got in the mood where I just wanted everything set for the baby and I went to work. Sort of what I guess would be nesting? Anyway the changing pad for our changing table finally came and so I went through the room and organized everything. When I was done with that I tried pulling out anything I need to get done. So I still have a few craft and things that I got out yesterday that I could work on. And I know I need to take advantage of that while I can. I still have my nursing cover to make for breast feeding, and I have some more cloth diapers to make into burp cloths too. And that's all baby oriented. I even have a table runner, (that will go on my piano) that is 4th of July themed that I need to sew, and I also have a chalkboard to finish for a gal. Thanks to my sister-in-law Stacie for getting me hooked up with the cabinet doors. (Oh Jen that means we can make you a chicken wire photo holder!!!)
I also have finally made a blog that I'll have come up on search engines to sell some of my leftover crafts, that I need to get pictures posted so I can get some of this stuff out of my house!!
So I could work on that too. See my options are endless really.
Chad got home last night and was in his own nesting mood.!!HEHE I'm sure he'll love that I called it that. He just wanted to organize and do things the in the baby's room and I'd already done it. OOPS! Didn't think he'd like to do that after being on rotation all day
See I have tons to get done before this baby can come. I'm in no rush right!? I have also been meaning to get some pictures to show everyone how well our tomatoes and peas have done. We also did plant a few stalk of corn too a few days ago and they haven't come yet, but I'm interested to see how they do in our home made garbage can garden!!

So here are our little row of peas. Not nearly big enough pea patch to satiate Chad and I, but we have enjoyed getting a few pea pods to munch on. Yesterday I got 4 good sized pods off for us to share!!
So here are our homemade garbage can gardens. Right now it takes up lots of patio room, but by next week we're supposed to have the rest of the patio poured!! Hooray!!

So this puny little plant is what happens when you let the tomato plant sit in too little of a pot for too long. We're still wondering if it's going to survive.
These next two pictures are close ups of the cherry tomatoes and early rise tomato that are actually on the plants now. I can hardly wait to eat them. But we're going to have tons of cherry tomatoes, so anyone want to call some dibs now?



Here is a picture of the one type of flower that we grew from seeds that sprouted. Little Purple Pansies!! Reminds me of the Primary Song!!
And here are some Gerber daisy plants. I've never really payed much attention to what the plant is supposed to look like, but since they aren't flowering, they don't look like Daisies to me.
(They are the ones right next to the stones)
So Chad and I decided that the flowers aren't really worth trying to grow on your own. much easier to just go by the pony packs and plant them. Then you get immediate pleasure out of how your garden looks and it's easier. The things we pay for conveniences.

2 comments:

Coleman Family said...

Hang in there!! Try to get as much rest as you can now. : ) I am so excited to see posts of your baby girl. Have you guys decided on a name? I hated that question when I was preggo......so sorry to ask it. Just curious! ; )

Ashlee and Shane said...

So, with this baby, the day before i went into labor shane and i both totally organized and cleaned the baby room. We finished it all that day ...spent half the day doing it and then the next day i went into labor! Not too much longer! Good luck!