So this is the first month that Kim Mower and I get to be in a new visiting teaching group with the newest member of our ward, Grace Huo. (I think that is how she spells her last name) Grace was just baptized at the end of October and I haven't had much time to really get to know her between working and our trips out of town. But I was able to go pick her up from her work at the Civil engineering lab (Sloan Hall) and brought her to our house and met Kim here. On the way home I got to know Grace a little more. Grace is from China and has lived here for about 3 months in the United States. (Her english is great for only 3 months, I'm so jealous that I can't speak another language that well) Her and her boyfriend came over together from China and then she started taking the discussion and attending the single's branch. The missionaries were ready to ask her to be baptized, but were a little apprehensive since she was living with her boyfriend, when she told them she was married the week before. What an amazing girl! So her and her husband, who is also getting his master's in civil engineering too, live in the Steptoe Apartments. Her husband spends long hours at work in the lab too, and a guess isn't too interested at this time in gospel. I'm sure that Grace is being a great example though.
So right about the time that I turn into our driveway a cop has his lights on and pulls in behind me. I was really embarrassed thinking that I'd done something wrong as I was talking to Grace, but turned out that I had a headlight out. It just happened to be Doug Andersen, the neighbor just on the next street up that lived at Wil-Ru apartments the same time that we had. Very nice guy that gave me a warning. It still was very embarrassing.
But turns out that Kim had a nice story too. She had her daughter Lucy with her and had pulled into the driveway made her way up to the front door, rang the door bell and was on her way back to the car to get the cake for our treats, when she hears this lady addressing Lucy. She thought it was our house, but had made it up 2 houses to the other tan house with the same floor plan. So she met our neighbor Stephanie and is wondering what Stephanie thought as she opened the door to find a little girl deposited on her door step!! I'm jsut glad I wasn't the only one that had a story!!
Monday, December 10, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment