Monday, December 10, 2007

Night shift starts- Nov. 27-28, 2007

So this is the first week that I started to work night shifts again. My boss, Laure' Larsen, asked me and my fellow coworker Tina Tenny about helping filling in on nights for Bud Fisher that ended up taking a job in ER. I decided that I might be able to help out for a little while since I was given my holiday request off for 2 weeks in December and 1 week in January. I'm very spoiled. I realize that it's amazing that I got to have this same amazing schedule last year. This make it so I can go home with Chad and be there the entire time that he has off school too.

So I am schedule for 2 nights and week and then 1 project day of 12 hours that I can do throughout the week as it fits in my schedule!! I have really enjoyed the night shifts. I love the pace that is usually there and to get to know the people that work on nights better.

I really miss seeing Chad in the evening for the few hours that we usually have together and I'm just grateful for the day shift position that was opened for me when I moved here, that makes me not have to do this too long. I do find it hard to motivate myself to go in other than these nights to do my project time. I found that the few days after my shifts, I get that horrible stomach ache quite frequently that I get when I'm sleep deprived. I'll be glad to get rid of that when I'm finished with the nights. But the kicker is to get in and complete my project time too!! Maybe next week will be better as far as that goes.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It's Tenney, Love. :-) Yeah, I know a girl who works nights too. Uhhhh... how do some people do it all the time?