Thursday, December 13, 2007

Christmas Card Party- December 7

So after a few more night shifts this week, a few of us girls from work had planned a little get together so we could: first- socialize, and second-make our Christmas cards. Notice how the first was to socialize and not to make cards. but we need that excuse.

Now there was weeks into this planning process. First trying to find a day that the majority of the people who planned on making cards was a feat in itself, but well worth the day. Anita Parrott and I even ordered some cute Christmas stamps and other items from Stamp' Up. We were pretty please when we got our stamps, but really had to put them to work

So Anita, Anna Henderson, and Tina Tenney all met over at our house on Friday around 10:30 am. We had cookies and other munchies out and then set off to work to get our Christmas card completed.

Tina already had her cards made and showed us here cute christmas trees made from ribbon that zig-zagged up the card to form the trees. Very nice!! So she just started working on other types of cards. Tina the over acheiver!! GEEZ! Make us look bad. Okay maybe only make me look bad, cause Anna brought out some cute little snowflake stamps and her papers and got to it. She just went to work and eventually came up with a great idea. Anita had already made her prototype card a week before, but had already decided that she needed to emboss most of the things stamped on the card due to her shiny finish on her cards. So away Anita went too.


So there was I sitting there without an idea and I sat there really until we went to Papa Murphy to pick up the pizza. Really and how convient that Paper Pals is right next. door. So I finally got my black craft pad that I could emboss with too.

So we went back cooked the pizza, enjoyed every bit of it!!! And then I decided I might as well help Anita and Anna with their embossing, since all my ides were striking out! We had such a blast and I really wasn't ready to see an of them leave.

Eventually after everyone else left, and it was only me. I finally came up with an idea and went to work. I worked on it that night and the next to complete them all. But I really liked this design and was very happy with them. I still think that I'll have to come up with more to get all the family and friends covered. I guess I need another card party!!

2 comments:

Rex & Chrissy said...

I'm so bummed not to have been there! It sounds like a blast! I got Anita's card - very nice!!! I love your card - definitely worth waiting for the right inspiration! I love Tina's concept - take a picture of it for me - and Anna's!
You guys have fun and I'll see you soon I hope!
Christina

Deb said...

They turned out cute!

I was so busy making cards for customers that I didn't make any for us to send. Oh well. The way the season went, they'd still be sitting on my desk waiting for a stamp!

Hope you guys had a good Christmas! We had hoped to get there to see you but didn't make it. Maybe this summer. . .