So back to Pullman we came, so that I could go to work. I had 3 very busy days at work. It wasn't quite what I had expected, cause last year it was pretty mellow! Darn it people should not get sick on Thanksgiving.
So Thanksgiving was not your typical day for us. Chad was at home and planned to come and eat lunch with me, cause we get a complimentary guest turkey dinner at the Red Sage Cafe. I was so busy at work that I got around to eating around 2:30pm. Not only was it late, but they stopped serving the turkey dinner at 2pm. Thanks to the kitchen and Deborah Watkins, the clinical coordinator, two meals for Chad and I were brought down to the ICU and waited until I had time to eat. Something I'm really thankful for this season is a patient husband!!! He was getting pretty hungry by that time. Poor starved guy. It wasn't quite as great as the homemade eatings that we are both used to and for sure we missed being with our families at this time of year where we are so blatantly aware of how much of a blessing our wonderful families are to us!!
The whipping cream that topped the pie today was that we had friends from our ward that came over that evening and brought pie and leftovers from the dinner they had earlier in the day. We had an intense game of Pictionary, Women vs. Men. It was a fight to the finish, but the men succeeded to win the game. By the time that was completed, everyone was pretty tired, including to me. I collapsed into bed, just in time to get up and work again in the morning.
Monday, December 10, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment