Monday, December 10, 2007

Post Thanksgiving weekend-Sat Nov. 24th

So I was relieved not to have to go to work on that Saturday. I was in need of a major rest. So I slept in a little, but having worked early the previous 3 days, it was a little difficult. Since we had snow on the roof and it was no longer safe to put up the rest of our Christmas lights, we decided to change all the Thanksgiving decorations over to Christmas stuff.

We went through the boxes of stuff and we didn't really feel like we had much to put up. It was quite disappointing. We were both sad because we really want a Christmas tree, but figured that having a Christmas tree up for maybe 2.5 weeks wasn't worth the effort (and the money). We couldn't even find a fake tree that looked decent without having to spend an arm and a leg. But we did find a great sale on some cute pine garlands that are flocked just enough to look like they had been snowed on to put above our cabinets in the kitchen and added some lights for the final touch. It made the house look so much better and complimented the light boxes I had made at our last Super Saturday.
This only took us the morning to do and so we started to work on projects. (So I decided that if I was going to get into this craft thing to make a little extra money, I needed to finish some of these things that I've been meaning to do forever.) Chad was sick of studying, cause he got plenty of that while I was work during the week, so we got into some of the projects that I've had in boxes for years. So out came the FAMILY block letters that needed painting, and Chad went to work!! (See the picture on the right.) And I worked on my Easter Welcome Post Topper that I've had forever too. We got both of the things painted and then over the next few weeks I got them sanded and put totally together. I was pretty pleased with how both turned out. (This picture doesn't have the carrots that I painted to hand on the nail, but oh well) What a productive day! I love those.
Here are a few other pictures of the family with our cute pine garlands and lights behind them!!

Sunday brought about another busy day, since it starts at 9am for Chad's meetings and then me practicing the organ before the meeting starts. It was an enjoyable day and the Thanksgiving talks were great. Crystal and Zach Adams and Brian and Camille Rupp all spake. They did a great job. Then in Relief Society, Kelly Hanks gave a great lesson using the Conference talk by Jeffrey R. Holland, With the Tongues of Angels http://www.lds.org/ldsorg/v/index.jsp?vgnextoid=f318118dd536c010VgnVCM1000004d82620aRCRD&locale=0&sourceId=493785aa6bf22110VgnVCM100000176f620a____&hideNav=1. It was absolutely wonderful. She let us listen to most of it and just had open discussion the rest of the time. Made me really evaluate and realize I need to do better! Overall, a very great Sunday!!

No comments: