So I was really excited to get an email from brother, Derek, about 2 months ago asking if his wife and 5 kids could come for a visit!! They haven't been up to visit us due to their own busy schedule and not to mention the 9 hour drive for 5 kids.... So they ended up breaking up their drive a little by driving to Boise on Friday night then driving the rest of the way on Saturday morning. We just had so much fun with them here and were surprised how our 1450 sq foot house handled the crowd.

We got to go to Sunnyside park the first day they were here to feed the ducks and see the animals next door. And how can you not play on the playground equipment too. The older girls really liked the merry go round? Is that really what they are called, please anyone help me..!! Anyway we got them nice and dizzy on that. Kallen on the other hand really likes slides and right off the bat decided to go down the really big slide. I was impressed. He went down without any real hesitation. I just laughed though, because by time he was half way down the slide he was sliding head first!! It was way cute. What a sport. I'll just let the next video of him on the
horse say the rest. What a funny little guy with so much personality. It was still a pretty cold that day so we didn't stay too long and we all had cold little fingers and noses by the time we were at home.Another highlight was going to the single's ward sacrament meeting with 5 kids. It was so funny to see people expressions. It was holiday weekend so the crowd was small to begin with, but we took up a whole row just by ourselves. I was impressed with how quiet the kids were and the various interactions the kids had with people. Cage (21 months) was quite enthralled with the gal behind us as she was doodling during the meeting. He just sat and stared. She stopped for a minute just to see what he did and he still didn't even blink!
We were able to watch some movies together and let the kids explore the backyard. I got some good cuddling with Ellisi while we watched the show. She is so lovey, it's great she'll just climb right in with Chad and I on the couch. Chad and I got in some good visiting with my brother and his wife Brittney when the kids were in bed. All in all, I felt like we had an empty house when they left. I just don't think I could get enough of them and just can't wait to be closer to our families. What a great way to celebrate Thanksgiving with family when you don't really get to be with them for the actual Thanksgiving dinner.




1 comment:
Looks like you guys are having fun in the good old Pullman. It's great to see pictures of places that we know and love. Also, I always click on your blog just to listen to your music. Love it!!
Post a Comment