Saturday, December 13, 2008

The Big News!

So it's been crazy the last few weeks like I had said before...We've been blessed with so many visitors. Cause not only did we get the ones I blogged about before, but Julie Hunt came and stayed with us the weekedn following Thanksgiving, and then my brother Brek was planning on coming last weekend, but travel plans didn't quite turn out.

But it's been even more fun than usual because we got to share without our families and friends that we're expecting a little one in June!! So now that this last Wednesday we were able to go into the doctor's office and get ultrasounds pictures, we thought it was time to share with everyone!!


The other part was Chad's birthday present that I couldn't tell anyone about before was finding out that I was pregnant. To understand the picture of Chad below, you have to know the background....So last year for Chad's birthday 2007, I decided that I was going to get him a pastel pink polo. Now I know that some of your are thinking, Chad? In pink? Well he happens to look great in it. But when he opened that gift last year, he thought that I was telling him that I was pregnant and we were having a little girl. I was totally surprised and thought "How did he get the idea that I was pregnant out of a pink polo shirt that was his size?". So this year when I found out a few days before his birthday I went shopping and bought 2 little baby outfits, one for a baby boy and one for a girl and wrapped them as a present for him to open.

I don't know how many of you have kept a secret like that from your husbands...it was difficult. The night before his birthday, I slept horribly. I kept waking up, (not quite sure if that was hormones or nerves), but when I woke up about 0600 am having to use the bathroom I thought. "I'll just go use the other bathroom and grab the gift and have it waiting for Chad when he wakes up." So that's exactly what I did and as soon as Chad woke up I was shoving a gift in his face and was telling him to open it. It was killing me!!! I just couldn't wait any longer. So in his half awake and half asleep mode he opened the gift and then had to ask me a few times if I was serious. Last year he pulls that idea out of a pink polo and then has to ask me if I mean we're expecting when I give him baby clothes. It was pretty fun and neat all at the same time. What a neat time when it something you've both wanted for a long time. We're just so excited to be parents.



So here's a few pictures of our little one. at 12 weeks. You can see the head and body pretty well in these two. He measure the head to rump lenth at 49mm. So it's about 2.5 inches long so far and so we're right on target for the due date of June 23rd!!




And if you look close at these you can see it's arms, hands and fingers. We wish we had taken a video of the ultrasound, because when it first started it was just kicking it's legs so fast. Dr. Minudri told us we had a fiesty one on our hands!!!

21 comments:

Coleman Family said...

Yeah!!! I'm so excited for you!! Congrats---I hope everything goes well with the pregnancy and morning sickness doesn't get the best of you!!! :)

Ryan and Holly said...

Wahoo! Wahoo! Wahoo! Congratulations! Both of you are so cute with kids, how great that you will now have one of your own. We are so, so happy for you. What a cute and fun way to break the news! Can't wait to find out if you'll be buying pink or blue!

Amanda said...

congratulations Jessica and Chad. We are very excited to have a new niece or nephew. Well see you soon.

Head Over Hills said...

Congratulations Jess! I am so excited for you and Chad. That would be such a hard secret to keep. I have never done so yet! Hope your feeling well. Keep us posted on everything!

Crystal said...

Congrats!!! Hey, I remember you buying that polo! That was a fun trip, we need to do it again!

Hannalee said...

Hanna and I both wanted to wish a huge congratulations!! We are very excited for you and miss you guys. Bye the way this is Todd writing...Leah and Gracie haven't learned how to type yet.

miriam said...

YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY! Congratulations! How fun!! I'm so excited for you!!!!

Stacie said...

We are sooo excited for the both of you!! You guys will make a great Mom & Dad!!!!!!!!

Unknown said...

A big huge congrats. Now we can discuss pregnancy together. We just found out we are having a boy!

Unknown said...

Congrats. We are having a boy the middle of April. I can't wait to hear all about it,

The Yancey Family said...

Hooray! I am so so very excited for you guys! Those ultrasound pictures are adorable! Didn't you just fall in love instantly!? You guys are going to be wonderful parents!

Harper Family said...

Congratulations!!
We are so excited for you!!

Steph said...

Yay!!!! so exciting! Love Chads b-day gifts:)

Tiffany said...

Congrats Jess! You are going to be a great Momma! I can't keep it a secret for more than 5 minutes - I am impressed!

NicKim Family said...

I told Nick that you were expecting when I got home - we are so excited for you guys!!! I can't believe you didn't tell Chad right away!!! Nick has always been right there with me doing the test...I've always had the thought to surprise him and tell him, maybe next time I'll pull it off, who knows.

The Rupps said...

I am so excited for YOU!!!COngratulations...I have to admit, I kind of suspected something the last time I saw you. You just had that glow. Congrats!
Are we still on for the Craft Show in the spring. That will be funny with us both PG. :)
Yeah you guys!
Love Camille

Stacie, Hollie, and Michelle said...

Jessica and Chad, CONGRATULATIONS!! I'm so happy for you guys!

Thompson's said...

Congrats, this is what you have probably been trying to call and tell me about! Have a good Christmas. Give us a hollar if you come to Blackfoot, or stop by my house and say hello. We are off to St George the Saturday after Christmas.

The Bott Family said...

I saw the picts on Facebook but LOVE the story behind it in your blog. Congratulations!

Karen said...

Congratulations!!! That was my first baby's (Aidan's) due date too. Good luck with it being fiesty!

Unknown said...

Jessica that is so sweet, and I am SO excited for you guys! I wish we could see you more!! What a fun way to break the news:)