So this year I was scheduled to work the 3 days before Thanksgiving and then the weekend after Thanksgiving. So needless to say we didn't go anywhere because I only had 2 days off. But we were able to have 2 couples from our married ward over and had a great day.(The Mowers and Duncans) It was fun to see what things were traditional foods for each family. We had fabulous food and lots of it and it was nice not to have to prepare it all ourselves. What a good day over all, even though we missed being with family on such a special day, but thank heaven for the great gift of ward family to fill in the gaps.
So the day after Thanksgiving, Chad and I went crazy and cleaned the house and prepared it for Christmas. Chad has been listening to Christmas music since the day after Halloween, which I thought was hilarious. But we official kicked off our Christmas season. I am a strong believer in not starting Christmas until after Thanksgiving, because I think it's an important holiday that needs to be observed. But I also had been encouraging Chad to go out and put the Christmas lights on the house since he was out for Thanksgiving break. Last year we only got the icicle lights on the first story of our house and felt that it just didn't do our cute little house justice. So to be blunt, I felt disappointed, but didn't think it was worth the life of me or my husband to get out on the roof and climb to the next level and hang more lights when there was snow and ice on the roof. So that is how we did it this year, before the ice and snow came. It worked pretty good and I think that I'll continue to do that as long as we don't get a too steep pitched roof in the future. I personal feel like it faster than a ladder.
Not only did we get the lights up, but we also went and bought our first Christmas tree since we've been married. What a momumental moment. For some of you that have been Christmas tree shopping with me you realize how dumb I can be to find the perfect tree. Which to me is one that is full and evenly shaped. But I was pleasantly surprised that we found one for $25 at Rite Aide. Sweet!! I have been known to pay a pretty penny for my trees in the past but didn't feel like I needed to cause we found a good one for not too bad of price. We could even fit in the back of my Honda Accord. Yeah we just tied the tree branches near the bottom back up and placed a tarp in the trunk and layed down the back seat and pulled the tree in. We even got the trunk latched. No white trash tie-downs this time(in regards to our dining room table escapade). So then we spent the rest of the day decorating the tree and finishing the other decorations.



I even finished making my wreath with lights, that I've been trying to make for over 4 years. AHHH what a rewarding day!!!! One day I'll the get the pictures of the icicle lights and my wreath and post them too. So here a picture of our icicle lights. I'm sure it's a memory Chad will never forget... getting on the second story roof from the first story roof!.
So the day after Thanksgiving, Chad and I went crazy and cleaned the house and prepared it for Christmas. Chad has been listening to Christmas music since the day after Halloween, which I thought was hilarious. But we official kicked off our Christmas season. I am a strong believer in not starting Christmas until after Thanksgiving, because I think it's an important holiday that needs to be observed. But I also had been encouraging Chad to go out and put the Christmas lights on the house since he was out for Thanksgiving break. Last year we only got the icicle lights on the first story of our house and felt that it just didn't do our cute little house justice. So to be blunt, I felt disappointed, but didn't think it was worth the life of me or my husband to get out on the roof and climb to the next level and hang more lights when there was snow and ice on the roof. So that is how we did it this year, before the ice and snow came. It worked pretty good and I think that I'll continue to do that as long as we don't get a too steep pitched roof in the future. I personal feel like it faster than a ladder.
Not only did we get the lights up, but we also went and bought our first Christmas tree since we've been married. What a momumental moment. For some of you that have been Christmas tree shopping with me you realize how dumb I can be to find the perfect tree. Which to me is one that is full and evenly shaped. But I was pleasantly surprised that we found one for $25 at Rite Aide. Sweet!! I have been known to pay a pretty penny for my trees in the past but didn't feel like I needed to cause we found a good one for not too bad of price. We could even fit in the back of my Honda Accord. Yeah we just tied the tree branches near the bottom back up and placed a tarp in the trunk and layed down the back seat and pulled the tree in. We even got the trunk latched. No white trash tie-downs this time(in regards to our dining room table escapade). So then we spent the rest of the day decorating the tree and finishing the other decorations.


I even finished making my wreath with lights, that I've been trying to make for over 4 years. AHHH what a rewarding day!!!! One day I'll the get the pictures of the icicle lights and my wreath and post them too. So here a picture of our icicle lights. I'm sure it's a memory Chad will never forget... getting on the second story roof from the first story roof!.




1 comment:
the tree looks great!
Post a Comment