So it had been a few weeks since we were getting settled into the single's ward, when we were asked to help with Single's Fest 2008. Our ward's bishopric was in charge of a dart toss at the activity. It was very fun to go and see the single's from around the area. (Even though it wasn't as well attended from other areas as they had hoped.) They had a DJ there with music and hamburgers for dinner with the fixings and chips. They had popcorn, slushy drinks, elephant ears, a cake walk, basketball shootout, roping and a bean bag toss. It was really all quite fabulous. They even had a dance and talent show to end the night. I really enjoyed the time and the new people I was able to meet there.
But you know it just couldn't be just that... Presiden VanTassel pulled us both in for an interview. And so I got a new calling this time. So I was called to be the
2nd Counselor in the Stake Relief Society Presidency. I was sustained that Sunday and went to my first Stake meeting the following Wednesday. Lucky me... I was asked to bear my testimony in the meeting too. So of coarse the tears came. Chad met us afterward and I was set apart. What a neat opportunity and blessing. I was so glad to have Chad there to support me and be part of the priesthood in the circle!!
It has been so fun to serve with Gail Schoenburg, Christine Comstock and Lynnette Carpenter. We have been busy the last few months with the Stake Conference annual Soup and Bread. Do you realize they make (7) 20 quart cookers full of soup!! It was amazing to be a part of it and remember how to cook things for that many people. Sister Schoenburg is just great.
We also have met together and come up with a theme for the Spring Women's Conference. It's been very fun and neat getting to know new people to ask to speak. Cause I don't feel like I know many people up here that are great speakers yet. Too bad Jean Benson, Carolyn Andrus, etc, aren't closer. I'm sure I'd get them wrapped up in all sorts of things. But I've been impressed with last few years conferences and realize there are amazing women everywhere. I just can't wait to get to know more of them. The bad thing about this conference is that I have to conduct and also get to speak. So fun!! Or scarey or something!! Wish me luck!!
Saturday, November 1, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
I had no idea you were in the Stake RS Pres! I'm so excited for you, it will be so great (probably already is great, I've been out of the loop for awhile). We sure miss you guys, but it's good to know things are going well for you both.
Post a Comment