Okay so we really do have a plan, but I've ben so busy trying to get crafts done for the fair. There have been no posts on either blog!!
So for those of you out there that don't know. Chad got a job in Chubbuck Idaho. Now to start this post off. Chad and I both made the mistake of saying we'd never live in Pocatello (and Chubbuck is a little suburb of Pocatello). So therefore God put us in Chubbuck. We thought we had several option between Rigby and Blackfoot, but all of them didn't quite turn out as we expected and we also came across this clinic in Chubbuck that has a great idea of what it takes to help a new graduate Veterinarian start practice. He's amazing already and we haven't even moved there yet.
So Chad will be working at Bannock Animal Medical Center. It was built in 2004 by Dr. Rowntree. He's originally from California and then moved up to Montana and had a practice there for about 13 years) and then built in Chubbuck in 2004. He already has one associate, Jamie Rantella, a graduate from WSU 3 years ago, that he just made partner in January. The crazy thing is that it's a small animal clinic. Chad always though he'd do a mixed animal practice. Dr. Rowntree told him that after a year if he'd like to get a Vet truck and do farm calls that he could and that if all went really well with the addition of large animal then they could expand!!
How can you not take that offer. So it looks like if all goes well, we'll be setting roots in Chubbuck ID.
So we're really excited. If anyone is interested here's a link to the website for Bannock Animal MC.
we're really excited to be close to our families and only 45 minutes away from a temple instead of the hour and 15 plus that we have now. Then to realize that we're just over 2 hours to SLC International airport. Which should come in handy as we save up to go to Guatemala when the temple is dedicated in the next couple of years.
I would link to pictures of the house that we are in contract for, but they already took them off the web and now I don't have any. :( So I guess you'll all have to come visit us instead!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




4 comments:
Hey jessica, I saw your blog off Carrie's, anyways I just wanted to say Congratulations! That is very exciting. I can see not wanting to live in Pocatello, cause thats where i grew up, so I understand that:) But Chubbuck is really nice and growing to. Sounds like a great opportunity too. Congratulations!
And only 45 minutes from a temple in this direction also! :)
We're excited for you guys! And for us - to have you closer!
Luke says to tell Chaddy that Sparky needs a fix. ;)
That is so exciting!! I'm so happy for you guys.
Isn't it funny how things turn out? I never thought St George was even an option, and here we are, and here's Dan, mostly doing small animal when he thought he'd be mostly mixed! We love it though, and I'm sure you will too! We are soo excited for you guys and wish you the best of luck.
Post a Comment