Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Oh how embarrassing.

So I just have to say that I have the cutest, most modest husband.  Several weeks ago he had 3 test in a week, which is always a little stressful for him.  It just happened that it was the week that I was working a ton and had to work the weekend following.  So I was pretty busy myself.  So to get more time together, Chad tries to come in around lunch time on the days I work and have lunch with me.  Which I love cause it breaks up my 12 hour day!!! 
But on this one day Chad came in and we were just sitting down to eat when Chad turned to me and said, "The most embarrassing thing happened to me today!"  So automatically I think about the times I've split my pants on dates (Yes, I mean times), or when I totally had my organ piece music for Junior Miss upside down and totally goofed up in front of the entire audience.  But Chad goes on to explain that on his neurological test earlier in the week, they had a new format... it was movie clips of signs and symptoms of neurological diseases.  I think lots of people that are really book smart have a more difficult time with the practical side of medicine/practice, which I feel this test actually measures a little bit better.    

Well Chad got 100% on the test and so the professor gave him these reflex hammers in front of the entire class.   Oh how embarrassing!!! But isn't it great that Chad has practical knowledge.  I just know he's going to do so well as he starts his 4th year in a few weeks!!
So Chad was teased for a bit from classmates, but I'm so proud.  I have always known that he's amazing and smart, but I'm proud of his work ethic that make him  that way too.  Thank heaven he can motivate himself to study, cause I'm always distracting him coming up with reasons I need to spend time with him.  
So I'm sure that Chad is going to kill me when he reads this, and he's going to be embarrassed all over again, but I'm so proud of him I had to share!!!  

1 comment:

Deb said...

He's pretty much awesome. That's why we love him so much! And you're pretty much awesome too. Which is why we love you so much!

We miss you guys!
Give that baby a belly rub for us, and tell her we can't wait to meet her!

Love ya!