So I've been reading the book Your Pregnancy & Birth, which the Dr. gave to us on the first visit to comfirm our pregnancy. Well it's been a good book. It's reminded me of all those things that I learned while I was in nursing school and so it's all coming back to me. But I was surprised at the feelings that came with it. I started to just think about how everything that has been for the last few years is going to change. Not only are we going to have a baby, but Chad is going to be in his Fourth year of Vet school. What was I thinking!! All of a sudden I'm not sure I am ready for that. AHHH! Has anyone else done that? I remember talking with my friend Brenda from work(HI!), she and her husband just had an adorable little boy this last year, and she told me how it does totally change your life to have a new baby, not only your entire body, but it changes your relationship with your spouse as well. But she also said she would have it any other way either. So it changes things in such a dramatic way, but for the better.
So I just have to keep that in mind. But after a very emotional Friday,(Poor Chad. Where do these hormones come from???!!!)I was able to get off work just a little early(Thanks Jan!!) so I could make it to the adult session of Stake Conference. As sad as the night was for me, cause our Stake Relief Society Presidency that I was serving in for the last 8 months was released from our service, the meeting was just what I needed!! I was still emotional, but I was so sad to be released, I have really enjoyed being in on the meetings with the Stake Presidency and see the love they have for those they have stewardship over. They spend a lot of time away from their families, for us, those they serve. What neat men and obviously amazing wives too, cause they are supportive even though I'm sure they have to be more diligent in their own homes.
But the best part was listening to these wonderful men, and Gail our former RS President and then hear the testimony of Melissa Eichner, our new RS Pres. They just were inspired to talk about the hard times that we all are facing, but gave a perspective on what we can do to make it better and realize that time will make things better, but just to continue to live the way we know we should be living as members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. But the music was wonderful!! I had tears just streaming down my face on the last number and couldn't even hold up my part of singing in the congregation! I almost made the chorister loose it too. Oh WOW!!
So these talks made me realize that I am freaking out about the baby coming...I just wasn't helping that she was pushing on my ribs on my right side for a week straight!!! I think I now know what it feels like to have chest tubes rubbing on the nerves along your ribs. It causes a burning pain I've never felt before that is constant!!! I know now why we give narcotics to people who do have chest tubes, cause Tylenol doesn't touch it at all. But all is well....for the first time that I've noticed, she moved and her feet are now pointing downward, which causes different sensations, but nothing near as intense as the rib pain. Oh it also helps that I realized, that pioneer women did all of this in pregnancy and still had to walk miles in a day. What a whiner I am!! I realized women were made to have kids and I can cope too. So I'll be fine!! But I would love to hear about anyone else that had odd or simliar feelings with their pregnancies, it would make me feel so much better!!!




3 comments:
Oh you are just so cute - I'm so glad you're my friend! I'm so glad you had the opportunity to serve with Gail - what a blessing that must have been for you! Gosh, not too long that that sweet baby girl is out in the world :)
Hey Jess! I think everyone feels weird sensations, but luckily as the baby gets bigger they have less room to make such weird movements the closer you get to the end. (although of course you'll still feel the baby in there). :) I also liked the book "What to expect when you're expecting." It has just about every random question you could ask in there about pregnancy and labor and delivery and postpartum as well. Good luck, hang in there, everything will be great!
Pregnancy is hard. I sure complained about it a lot anyway! But it is so great when they finally come that it doesn't matter in the end and you get excited to have another before you know it. Greg and I are so excited for yoy guys. I hope that that baby girl gives you a break every once in a while.
Post a Comment