Monday, January 14, 2008

Pullman Christmas Dinner-December 9

How could I have forgotten about our Christmas dinner we had the Sunday before we left Pullman. I was great to be able to have some close friends come by and share the day with as after church. It's one of those things that make you wish you had more resources so we could invite more people. But we had over the Hanks, Griffiths, Hunts, Barnes, and Andrus'

(Milo was on a rotation for Vet med that didn't allow him to come though). We had ham, sour cream potatoes, green salad, a veggie tray, rolls (that Merkley's brought even though they were unable to make it, HOW NICE), and of course dessert. I made a cake with my new skills from my cake decorating classes. I wish now that I'd taken a picture of it, but it was a two layered chocolate cake with chocolate frosting, but I had made some poinsettias to cover the top. I can't believe that it turned out okay, except that I made the layers quite large. After I'd frosted it and before I'd put the flowers on top I'd put the lidof my pedestal on and hit the top. Half of my frosting came off when the lid came off, but it patched up nicely and with all the flowers to top it off then no one knew.
We thoroughly loved the time we had to just enjoyed being together before we all parted for the holidays.
.Leah and Rachel playing after dinner!

No comments: