Friday, December 3, 2010

Lots of thoughts

So yesterday was a day that had lots of things running through my head.  Maybe it's cause it was my niece's birthday, and maybe not...I'm not sure, but Yesterday was the day I would've been due if I hadn't miscarried.  I think as to why I remember this so well is because there were lots of my friends and family that were expecting also right around the same time.  So over the last few weeks to months, I've been able to celebrate the births of some really cute little babies and look at lots of cute little baby pictures.
I guess for some people this would be a difficult thing,  and in a small way it is, but as I had written before we were surrounded and supported as I could not believe.  It was a time that Chad and I grew closer together as we mourned the loss of little one.
And over all I guess the biggest thing that was running through my mind is the blessing to be pregnant...again and so soon!  Even though this pregnancy has been so much more difficult, as far as sickness and tiredness, I guess I can count that as a blessing to be reassured that I'm still pregnant.
So now that I'm just getting done with the first trimester (14 weeks), I'm feeling quite a bit better as far as sickness goes, and we finally feel a little more comfortable telling everyone that we are expecting.  I'm a little sad that I don't have a cute little ultrasound picture to share, but here they don't do an ultrasound to verify the pregnancy.  (I miss that from Pullman). So now here goes all the planning once again, and that means I need to get to arranging Kherrington's room and finally get this picture I have in my brain out where others can see it.  (hopefully it'll look as nice as it does in my mind).

So now, when should I transition Kherrington to a toddler bed if the baby will be born at the end of May?

8 comments:

Coleman Family said...

Yeah Jess!! Congrats! I was thinking about you the other day and I should have picked up the phone. I remembered you were due the same time as I was, and I was hoping you were doing ok--you were in my prayers! I am so happy for your sweet little family. As far as the toddler bed goes.... Landon started climbing out of his crib 4 weeks before Tanner arrived, so that is when we made the switch. He had just turned 2. I wanted to wait until after he adjusted to the new babe, but our lives never go as planned!! He has been doing great. Good luck with everything. If you are ever in Utah, give me a call! Love you!!!

Jen said...

love you jess.

becky ward said...

congratulations on expecting! that is so exciting.

Ashlee and Shane said...

YAY! CONGRATS! I am so excited for you guys! I will have to tell shane! We need to meet Kerrington before this other one comes! We are coming to blackfoot for christmas. Are you guys gonna be around?!

Deb said...

Awww, congrats, guys! We sure love you!

My vote on the toddler bed is to start now. :)

Hugs and prayers! Hope to see you all soon!

miriam said...

you are amazing. and congratulations! so exciting!!

Hannalee said...

Congratulations! We are so happy for you, and amazed at your resiliency. :) My girls both loved moving into a "big girl" bed, and Leah was only 17 months when we moved her into one. it had partial sides so she couldn't fall out that easy even when she wiggled. Then she was used to it by the time Gracie came. Good luck figuring it out and I hope you start to feel better. :)

Kenny & Stacy MacConaghy said...

Congrats! We are very excited for you guys. We love you and hope to see you soon.