I know another late one.
But we just barely got her into see a Dr. for her one year old immunizations and I didn't have her stats at 1 year....or 13.5 months that she is now.
Ht: 30 inches (58%)
Wt: 19 lbs 12 oz (16%)
Head circumference: 18.25 in (75%)
6 Months
Ht: 26 inches (57%)
Head Circumference: 43 cm 16.93in.(64%)
4 months
Ht: 24 inches (32%)
Wt: 13 lbs 6.2 oz (38%)
Head Circumference: 41 cm (45%)
2 months
Head Circumference: 42 inches (42%)
So she's growing like crazy and I'm having a hard time keeping her fed really well. She's fairly tall and skinny, except for the little Buddha belly. She's been so much fun.
We celebrated with ALL the family on the 4th of July (Sunday). Since it was Independence Day, we did a dinner with it too. We had homemade Cafe' Rio pork salads. HM MM makes me hungry just thinking about it. It was wonderful to get together with everyone
 |
Here's her birthday cake. She has a ladybug themed room and so for the first birthday we went with a Ladybug cake. It's been a long time since I've done a cake, but we whipped out the fondant and away we went. So we ended up painting the pink fondant with the red dye, but we found that if you use the entire container of frosting dye, it does go that brilliant color. We found that out with the black. All the fondant was homemade and then I had to make flowers with frosting. Man has it been a long time, but it was fun to use those skills again.

She really got into the present thing. Totally unwrapped them like she'd done it before.

Grandma and Grandpa Joos got Kherrington a little swimming pool, a floaty with a little shade, and also some beach/sand toys, for the sandbox that Chad and I made for her!!

Grandma and Grandpa Christensen got her a cute little dress and a jungle animal toy that plays music. She also got hair clips a little mug, a book, and a cute little short outfits from some Aunt and Uncle's families. She didn't even want to keep unwrapping presents once she got the mini Strawberry Shortcake mug with the hair clips in it. She cried when we took them away from her.

Here she is finally enjoying her cake. So basically since we've move to Chubbuck Kherrington uses a fork. She started using an adult sized fork and just stretching her arm away from herself to give her enough room to put the end of the fork in her mouth. So shortly after she started that, both grandma's gave her a set of silverware that she eats almost everything with. So she started off eating her cake with a fork. I was wondering if she'd really ever get into it.

So here are some of her milestones.
*She started walking a few steps at a time the week of her birthday, and then by 12 month and 3 weeks she's been cruising around the house. Basically a run. Many times I've hurried to put something away in her room at the end of the hall and turn around and she's already there. Scared me the first few times. I not used to having a shadow!!
*Been using a spoon and fork to eat since about 11 months old.
*She loves the animal puzzle book from JaNae...those puzzle piece animals are always out of the book and scattered all over my living room. (I totally need to make a better storage piece her stuff so my living room doesn't look like a play room 24/7)
*She loves the parking garage we bought at the neighbors garage sale. She is always standing or sitting on it. Scares me to death to see her do things like that already.
*She loves the little Radio Flyer quad wheeled scooter from Grandma Joos'. I have cute video of this. I'll get it added. She loves to ring the bell on it and expects an applause or screams of praise when she does it.
*Also loves the yellow little car that she can push or ride on from Grandma Christensen's, which has a little horn that she can honk also!!
*She loves to get into cupboards, but is pretty good to mostly stay in one cupboard, while I keep the others off limits. I really need to get some safety latches installed.
*She is our little button pusher. Remotes, cell phones, TV, CD players, Computers. You name it....if it has a button she's trying to get to it to push it's buttons. She may even throw a fit until she get to have the cell phone that you are talking to. She already can turn the TV remote off the AUX to the SAT so it will change the channels on the TV. Too smart for our good right now.
***I love that today I found her loved puzzle pieces in the toilet...The first thing found in the toilet. Here we go!!****
|
3 comments:
Oh I just love it! 1st Birthday, first toilet toss! Can't get much better! Happy Birthday Kherrington, and hope things are going well for all of you!
I can not believe she is ONE!
What a cute cake!! Good job on that one Mom. :)
Post a Comment