So I've been reading some blogs this morning and it has inspired me to write about a few things this morning. First of all the last several weeks, I have been obsessing or preoccupied over finances. There are a few reasons for this:
1) I didn't quite calculate the payments all that great when we did lump bills in the Fall with Chad's school loans. (I know horrible, but I figure it's the best use of the left over loans than we ever used. I get to stay home with Kherrington more because of it.)So over the past month, in December of all months, I had bills coming in that I hadn't had to pay the last several months. Thank heaven they were greatly smaller than a normal monthly bill though.
2)We made a crazy(but we felt inspired) choice to buy the vehicle of our(Well... MY)dreams. You'll have to see the post before this to appreciate all that entailed, with the car wreck etc.
3)It's a start to a new semester, so therefore new student loans and bills to pay...
4)Having talked to my brother Derek over Christmas about an awesome series of classes that they are offering over the next several months to a year to help their ward become financially healthy!! And having him suggest a program. Which I will boast about in a bit.
5)We have also made the decision for me to go PRN (as needed) at Pullman Regional, so that Kherrington and I can go with Chad down to SE Idaho for the months of February and March. This has scared me a great deal, but I think that the Clinical Integration has enough work for me to do from Idaho that we'll be okay financially.
6)Last but not least, we have a cute house to sell(that we decided we'll really miss) but don't want to try the 2 house owner thing again....It makes me into someone I don't like to be..
So with the use of MINT.com, I've finally been able to see how our own financial health is. I have a place that will pull over the money from my investment funds from Pullman and EIRMC, my house loan, bank accounts, our expenditures and income, and I have to unfortunately manually add in Chad's student loans at present.:( the one bad side, but at least you can manually add things that they don't have access to. I would suggest everyone at least give it a look and play just a little bit and you'd be suprised. It also gives you ways that you can save more money with different investors, banks, CD, Loans, Credit cards, etc. Not that you have to do any of that. All I can say is that I love it. And for once, I can sort of see if our decisions to take out the student loans to pay for school and buy a house instead of paying rent was worth while. And I think it has been a great decision in the long run! YEAH!! I love when that all works out
So that makes me feel better about buying the house. We have been totally spoiled to have our own place/space to be able to start our family, even though putting in all those retaining walls and landscaping was a back breaker. We'll be sad to leave the wonderful memories that we've made here, along with our AMAZING neighbors. I wish I could pack them up with us and take them where ever we end up....Which is a whole other post in its self. But the end of this school year is sneaking up on me, and I have so much I need to get done in that time!!
Saturday, January 9, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





3 comments:
Money is so stressful!! I hate dealing with it!
You are so cute Jess!! I am sure everything will work out, and you ALWAYS have it together! I hope you guys have a GREAT 2010! Gosh, its been YEARS since I've seen you, how crazy is that? miss ya!
You have always been good with money and budgets!! You were always my "rich" roommate! :) So are you moving back to Idaho?
Post a Comment