I got in on some of those really fun things I had heard about. Cracking, bleeding, and pain that "makes your toes curl" as my old boss Lesli stated. But the thing I was most surprised about was what let down felt like. I kept having what I thought was an abnormal sensation as I'd walk around the house. I couldn't figure out what it was, and I kept grabbing my chest. When this happened once and my Mom was right there to watch me do this, I finally told my mom, "I keep feeling like someone is hooking my chest up to jumper cables." Now all be it, that it's a slight exaggeration, I literally felt like someone was sending electrical current through me. Man what a great sensation! Thank heavens for Moms, she pointed out that it was probably my milk letting down.
NOT AT ALL what I had IMAGINED. So you soon to be new mothers out there, be aware or beware, how ever you see it, that it could happen to you and it doesn't necessarily coincide with a crying baby (all though it does usually happen then too)!!




7 comments:
Hello! I have stumble upon your blog. I had to pump (with an electric pump) for the first six weeks of my son's life as he would not latch. Needless to say baby crying was not a problem but every time and airplane flew overhead i was soaked :)
The things you never hear about.....Don't worry, there will be more!! : )
Oh, how I remember that! Not the most pleasant of feelings!
You are such a cute Mom (and of course Chaddy is such a cute Dad!)! We love and miss you guys so much! Give Miss Kherrington a squish for us, please, and flash a light in her face so she doesn't miss me too much!! :)
Oh Jess, I've missed you, we need to get together soon so I can see that sweet baby girl!!
Just hope you never have to feel the joy of mastitis that breast feeding also brings... fever and misery for mom and if anyone even bumps you in that oh so sensitive area, you either cry or scream. AND the only way to work through it is to keep breastfeeding. It is amazing so many women stick it out.
lol! When do we get to see pictures of the little girl?
Dude, I was so glad you posted this, as I had COMPLETELY forgotten about this sensation. I was sitting in church last Sunday when it hit me for the first time (this time around). I would have been so utterly confused, I think, had you not given me this gentle reminder. ;-)
Post a Comment