We first saw all the basics of the baby. Then we saw my favorite part, the heart. For most of you, you already know that I worked on a cardiac unit the first 5 years of my nursing career. It's something I loved to do and miss being at Pullman, where it's all shipped to other hospitals. I've seen many ultrasounds of hearts looking for different heart problems. So it was crazy that even through my layers and then through the baby's that you can see the details that you can. We saw all 4 chambers of the heart and could see the mitral and tricuspid valves opening and closing as they should. That to me is a miracle in itself!! And Chad was able to hear the heart beat for the first time too. Then we started going through and see all the bones in the upper extremities and even saw the ribs as we moved from object to object. Here's the first part on video if you're as fascinated with the heart and what ultrasounds look like.
Were able to see the nasal bone when we got a great profile picture and then inside the head we saw the lateral ventricles. I'm not sure how much that means to most of you but we all 4 ventricles (or spaces) in our brains, so we saw 2 out of the 4. Then they measured the circumference and the width of the head. We then got to see the spine from top to bottom and were informed that it all looked good.
Were able to see the nasal bone when we got a great profile picture and then inside the head we saw the lateral ventricles. I'm not sure how much that means to most of you but we all 4 ventricles (or spaces) in our brains, so we saw 2 out of the 4. Then they measured the circumference and the width of the head. We then got to see the spine from top to bottom and were informed that it all looked good.
The ultrasoundographer, Sheryl, then asked us if we wanted to find out what we were having and we told we did!! She asked us if we had any guesses and I told we thought it was a boy, but that I had dreamed that it was a little girl. I even told her my dream. How embarrasing. If you want here's a video of the conversation and how we found out!!! Hope you enjoy!!! Sorry it's at the very end .
The umbilical cord and all 3 vessels are in place working as they should and the lower extremities also look good. We were informed that the baby was about 10 ounces at this time. So it doesn't explain the 4 pound weight gain I've had over the last month. So here are some more pictures from today, showing you the little Budha Belly I'm getting.
Through this entire experience, it never ceases to amaze me how God has arranged the birthing process that allows His children to gain bodies. What miracle and blessing it is for us to have an opportunity to have one his children in our own home. We just hope and pray that we'll be able to be the parents that He would have us be.




7 comments:
yay! congratulations! she is going to be so cute! (not that a he wouldn't have been...)
Congratulations!! Of course it's a girl...you're in vet school. :) We're so excited for you guys.
Exciting! When is your next ultra sound?? I bought my tickets. I'll be there the 3rd-7th. I fly into Spokane but out of Pullman.
I knew it! Congrats you guys! She looks so cute in the video! It really is amazing how the whole pregnancy and birthing process takes place! You guys are going to be great parents!
Congratulations! We LOVE girls at this house. I'm sure you guys will too!
YEAH!!! Oh, we are so happy for you two, actually you three! She is a very lucky little girl! Bring on the pink, bows, and bracelets!
Congrats! She can marry our boy!!
Post a Comment