So it wasn't even 2 week after we returned back home to Pullman and school hadn't even started yet, that Chad got a call from President VanTassel. He was asking for an apointment to see the both of us. I was working and so the only time we had, was after my shift on Saturday evening. So over to the institute building we went. Chad already had a idea of what it would be, but there was so much change happening in the Stake and ward that I didn't really know what it was going to be. But Chad was called to be in the Pullman 3rd Ward Bishopric as the 2nd Counselor.
The funny thing is... Chad had teasingly said that would be horrible when other people got called to that position in the past. But he knew before the call even came that that is what the call would be. I always thought that it would be fun to get to know the people that Mike and Jen Barnes would talk with other people about. Funny thing is I can't remember any of the names that I heard at that time, cause I didn't have a face to put them with.
The next day is when they were to sustain him to his new calling, so I got work off to be able to make it. Then we started on the path of whether I would attend with him in the Single's ward or remain as the ward organist in the Pullman 2nd ward. As hard of a decision that is was. We decided that it would be best for our marriage if we attended church together.
We were sad to leave where we were comfortable in the ward and the friends that we had there. But we're really enjoying the single's ward the great testimonies (and the urgency to bear them on fast and testimony meeting) and personalities that we've met there. We now have so many more friends in our Stake. What a great blessing it has been for us to serve in the church.
Wednesday, October 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




5 comments:
I think attending together is a good choice. Now you'll both have the opportunity to influence the people in the PU3 Ward, and you'll be serving together. I'm glad you're loving it.
Not only is it a blessing in your lives, but you will bless many lives!! With Chad in his calling, and your Stake calling - You will have many opportunities. You are such a beautiful person - I'm glad you'll get to share yourself with others. Although I do miss you at church - a lot.
You are definitely missed in PU2, but I know how awesome of an opportunity you have in PU3! They are amazing people! I think you will love it!
Jon served in a Singles' Ward Bishpric. It was one of the best and hardest experiences we have had. Good luck and remember to have fun too.
You forgot to mention your calling! :)
Post a Comment