I just had to write this down this morning cause I can't forget it. Yesterday I decided that I'd make some angel food cake, since we had fresh strawberries and blueberries in the fridge and I have another bountiful basket coming tomorrow.
So it was getting close to Kherrington's bedtime and I was ready so I got the whipping cream ready and got Chad and I a plateful of angel food cake with fruit and whipping cream. It just sounded so good to me! I was excited. Well as soon as we sat down Kherrington decided she wanted a bite. I was a little surprised cause she'd eaten tons of strawberries earlier when I had cut them up. But after a few bites that Dad was so nice to share, she just stole his entire plate and ran over to the loveseat with it and then came back to get the fork.
It was cute to see her tactics. Then when Chad followed her over after she'd grabbed the fork, she grabbed the plate and said, "Hey, Hey, Hey!!" and ran around the living room with the plateful of dessert. Now this probably isn't very funny to anyone else, but I've found after the fact of hearing it, that Hey hey hey is what I say to get her attention when she'd doing something she's not supposed to. And it's funny that she's saying it to Chad when all I wanted to do is say it and grab that plate of dessert before it ended up on the carpet!!
It's amazing what they pick up and things I've never even realize that I say....I'm just glad I'm not one who curses.
So it was getting close to Kherrington's bedtime and I was ready so I got the whipping cream ready and got Chad and I a plateful of angel food cake with fruit and whipping cream. It just sounded so good to me! I was excited. Well as soon as we sat down Kherrington decided she wanted a bite. I was a little surprised cause she'd eaten tons of strawberries earlier when I had cut them up. But after a few bites that Dad was so nice to share, she just stole his entire plate and ran over to the loveseat with it and then came back to get the fork.
It was cute to see her tactics. Then when Chad followed her over after she'd grabbed the fork, she grabbed the plate and said, "Hey, Hey, Hey!!" and ran around the living room with the plateful of dessert. Now this probably isn't very funny to anyone else, but I've found after the fact of hearing it, that Hey hey hey is what I say to get her attention when she'd doing something she's not supposed to. And it's funny that she's saying it to Chad when all I wanted to do is say it and grab that plate of dessert before it ended up on the carpet!!
It's amazing what they pick up and things I've never even realize that I say....I'm just glad I'm not one who curses.




3 comments:
This makes me laugh! I love to play role reversal with Ian where we play "house" together. He is the dad and I am the kid. It is hilarious to listen to him turn into Zac and I and say and do the things we say and do.
But now that she is a mimic, you have to be super careful never to talk negatively about anyone...because it won't be long before she is repeating it to their face. I speak from experience!
Ironically it's not cursing I get in trouble from my kids for...it's things like "stupid." :)
That is too cute! Lol, sounds like Chad had to get his own plate! Hope you're doing well!
Post a Comment