So we went and had a fabulous time at my sister-in-laws, JaNae, for Christmas Eve. I was asked to do a soup (so we picked homemade chicken noodle) and I so badly wanted the Christensen side to try the banana pudding salad/dessert. I think it's a dessert, but the Wrigley side that I got the recipe from call it a salad. But it's awesome regardless of what it is.
We enjoyed soup and bread and dessert along with great games. We did some bible trivia, which I found I am really bad at. I need to study more!! And we loved the games that Katie brought. Win it in a minute. You got to love the video of Chad below. He had to shake all the jingle bells out of the box tied to his butt in less than a minute. So fun!!
I did one where there were 1, 5, 10, 15, 20, 25 jingle bells in small boxes and had to put them in order by shaking them to figure out which at the least to the most. She also had a candycane hooked to a pencil with a string so the crook was down. You had to hold the pencil in your teeth and then pick up other candy canes that the crooks were hanging off the edge of a stool. Also had one with a fuzzy ball on a string that was tied around your neck and then you put vaseline on your nose and the idea was to swing the ball up and get it to attach to your vaselined nose, without touching it with your hands. So much fun. Katie did great with the entertainment value with that game.
Then we got to sing and do a great Christmas devotional. It finally felt like Christmas to me. Wonderful job JaNae and a great way to spend a little time with our 2 missionaries on their way out in the field. Chase and Shandarae's last Christmas at home before the leave on Wednesay the 29th of December for Czech Republic and GA Atlanta North missions. On Sunday we got to listen to them speak in church and have a fabulous dinner at the Junior High, where Chad won the lightning game!! What a great day too!
Tuesday, January 4, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment