Thursday, September 3, 2009

Kherrington's 2 month Check-Up- Sept 3

So today has been a very busy day.  It's started off with Kherrington and I going with Chad to school so we could watch him give his Senior Paper Presentation.  He did such a great job!! He did his paper on CEM or Contagious Equine Metritis.  It's a venereal disease of horses, that was thought to be eradicated at one point, but has a current outbreak in the US.  I've come to learn a lot through this study about the subject, but was totally amazed and how well he presented the subject and made it move so smoothly!!  Way to go Chad.  One major thing down and now it's bring on the boards!!
Then shortly after that, Kherrington and I got to go for a check-up with Dr. Adkins.  Kherrington passed with flying colors.  The doctor is so pleased with her growth and she dramatically is climbing on the percentile charts and catching up with the majority of other infants her age, even though the doctor's haven't really ever been worried about her!!

So here's her stats:

Ht: 23 inches (68%)
Wt: 10 lbs 12 oz (47%)
Head Circumference: 42 inches (42%)


Dr. Adkins was nice enough to find out the exact percentile for me this time, so I didn't have to eyeball it off the graphs they give us each visit. Now the sad thing is that I knew going in today that she would be getting her vaccinations.  So I was a little apprehensive, cause I just didn't know how'd she'd react. And of course she cried, which made me tear up.  (I'm still blaming it on my hormones!!) I just have to keep remembering that it's important that she has them to prevent future suffering, or to relate to Chad's presentation today, to keep those diseases eradicated from the US.  But as soon as I picked her up she quieted right down and the nurse was so surprised!  "Oh wow, is that it?" she asked.  So apparently she did amazingly well, which I'm not surprised, cause she really has been such a good baby! I know that was a great reaction too, cause I heard a baby next door for a while before the Dr. came in and the nurse explained they had lots of vaccinations to do today. We're so blessed to have her!

Just this last week Kherrington has started sleeping through the night.  She sleeps between 8-10 hrs each night now!!  Which has been wonderful!!  I've finally stopped pumping in the middle of the night since I have a freezer full of milk!! So now I'm feeling great with the less interrupted sleep!!
Also when I go to get her out of her crib in the morning she is usually any which way, but the direction I placed her in the crib.  (Sorry for the horrible picture.  It was taken on my iphone in the dark.)
So I know now that I can't leave her alone anywhere without being totally braced in, and I know that won't last long either.  Wow! She's just grown so fast and I can't believe how the time has flown.
So tomorrow marks my first day back to work.  I only have an 8 hr day, cause we have to get ready to fly to Idaho Falls on Saturday for Chad's nephew, Marcus' wedding!!. Yeah, but BOO HOO for going back to work.  That is the other reason I'm going to use to explain the tears at the Dr's office today!!

3 comments:

Coleman Family said...

So sorry you have to go back to work. That was the hardest thing I had to do. I will have you (and Kherrington) in my prayers! Miss you!! Wish we lived closer so I could kiss on your little one. She is such a doll! I am so jealous she is sleeping through the night. We have yet to conquer that task. This past week Landon is finally down to waking up once a night!!

Jen said...

8-10 hours of sleep? That's great! Good luck at work tomorrow :)

Chadwick and Julie said...

She's a cutie! I'm glad that things are going well for you guys! Good luck heading back to work. =)