Friday, May 22, 2009

What a beautiful day!!


So this is something that I've been working on in my own life, and I thought this was a beautiful way to do it.  I was impressed when I heard President Eyring message the first time.
So several Mondays ago the weather was so beautiful, I was way motivated to get things done.  But not only was it a get it done day, but one that I easily saw some of the beautiful blessings that I have in my life.  I've been noticing these gorgeous white flowering trees that I drive by on my way through town.  (They were on Main street on Sunnyside hill), but for weeks they have cheered me up as they remind that good weather is on it's way.  I also notice the the grain in the fields was long enough to just sway with the breeze, just enough that it reminded me of the small waves of the ocean.  It was amazing how it touched me, and just made me happy be there to enjoy these small things that God created for us!!  
I also went to the grocery store in Moscow and I just happened to see this older gentleman doing his grocery shopping, but what was unique about this man was that he was pushing his wife in a wheelchair in front of him as he pulled the grocery cart behind him.  His wife wasn't interacting with anything in the environment and had some dark glasses on that hid her eyes.  I really don't know what medical condition she had, but it made me realize a few things.  First, why was I worried about doing everyday things with a new baby?  I mean honestly, how selfish am I!!  I just realized that I will have it easy in comparison to this man.  Second, what a neat guy to not find someone to either do his grocery shopping or be with his wife as he did his errands.  It got me thinking about how great of a husband I have been blessed with.  Chad does so much for me to make me comfortable and happy even after having put in a full day of rotations even, and with me being in the last leg of the pregnancy and being whiny.  What a good selfless guy I was able to find by some small miracle.  I thank heaven for him everyday!!
So after getting home I was out enjoying the great weather and I decided that I would weed our flower garden, cause I know that Chad had been meaning to do it.  For those of you who don't know Chad, he's a doer!! So when things aren't done, it frustrates him and he loves to have everything looking nice (Especially the yard).  So I knew he'd love to have it done already.  So it took him a matter of maybe 30 seconds of being home before he realized what I had done!!  That's impressive!  But I guess it was cause he was thinking he would do it when he got home that evening.  So I was able to surprise him with that little thing.  It made me feel good, since he's so busy with rotations!!I feel bad that haven't mowed the lawn this year since I've been pregnant and I'm not as good with the plants as he is, but I'm trying to get better at that too.  And amazingly, the tomato plants are doing awesome!!  We planted 3 of them in our homemade planters for people who have no garden area!! So I'll have to get some pictures updates on the soon!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I need you mailing address....emial me at camillesimons@gmail.com