Wednesday, January 21, 2009

New Year's with the Joos'

So we spent the next week with my family and got in on the family tradition of getting a big sub sandwich for New Year's. When we headed up after New Year's Eve's party at Chad's families, then we got to come to the house full of neices and nephews and brothers and sisters waiting out the time for the New York apple to drop! It was fun to watch Kaia and Halle stay up. Halle did great until the last few minutes and fell asleep about 5 minutes before the apple dropped. What a cute girl!

For New Year's day, we went over to my Aunt Mel and Uncle Larry's house and got in on using there neighborhood pool. Thanks to Greg and Amanda we had swim suits to borrow!!! We just enjoyed the time that we spent there. We then had a potluck and even got to play some Guitar Hero World Tour. Another addiction was created! I don't know why all those rythmn games just get me. We found that Chad does better on the guitar and me on the drums!! I love it!! Now it's on my list for the next splurge we make!! Listen to me. I'm feeling a little worldly as I'm writing all these posts.

We also got to be in IF for my youngest brother's, Ryan, ordination to be an Elder!! It has been so fun to see the maturity that he has obtained since going to college, but also how much fun he is having and how the gospel has become important to him!! He loves going to church, which isn't necessarily too surprising. Sometimes you just think the youngest will always just be the same little sibling you've always had. But what a neat opportunity!! Needless to say I just cried like a baby!! Can I blame it on the coming baby? I wish.


We also got to be in on the Joos family home evening. They were nice enough to do it while we were in town. We had a great evening and my dad had prepared a great lesson on the Priesthood and it's responsibilities. It was great to listen and realize what a great Priesthood holder I have in Chad. It just makes me feel so blessed to have been able to find such an amazing guy!! Thanks to Mary for the blind date!!
We also got talking with my family about building houses close to each other and have consecrated property for all the use and some of the benefits that come from that. We decided we'd call it Joostopia. It was fun to sit talk about how much land we'd like to have what we'd do with it if we had it and how we'd set up our family neighborhood. It'll be interesting to see if any of this ever comes to pass. I'm all for it, if we can get a job close to were everyone else wants to be too.

Demetri and his game controllers or is that Ryan's cord to his electric guitar. I'm not sure, but they're sure entertainment.



Chad and I decided that we'd try to spend some more individual time with each of my siblings families (and some of Chad's that we don't spend a lot of time with) if we had the chance. Where Chad and I didn't date long before we were married and moved to Pullman, he hasn't had much of an opportunity to get to know some of my siblings as well. So we decided that to do so, we'd focus on the individual families, hoping that it might make it easier to get to know them. We were able to spend an afternoon with Greg and Amanda and played some cards and had some good discussions about various things. Greg is just finishing this Spring with a bachelor's degree in Chemistry and applying for a Pharmacy program for the Fall. It was something I though would be such a great fit for him when I first became a nurse and suggested that he look into it. He's such a brain and so smart he'd be able do such a great job!! We're excited to see him get into and get going on it!! Demetri and Darrion were down for naps at the time so we didn't spend as much one on one time with them, but it's fun to see them grow and developing. What cute kids.

Chad and I then went to see his brother Reece's family. We spent a evening there and ate chicken enchiladas for dinner and played Pictureka. Pretty fun game for a group. We had fun and got hooked up with movies for our ipod and iphone. Yeah! Just a nice relaxing night and Chad got to go see Camaro, his horse!! What better way to spend an evening.


We were able to go up and spend an afternoon in Rexburg. We originally planned to meet up with my brother and cousin and Chad's niece and nephew and go out to lunch. But the only one that was available was my brother Ryan, so we went and enjoyed Bajio's with just us. It was fun to see him in his element. We then met up with Shandarae and helped move in a little bit of her stuff, buy her books, and show her campus. Now I didn't feel like it had been that long since Chad and I were there, but that place has changed a bit. It was fun to see things growing but I find that I couldn't remember buildings names. How horrible I'm getting old brain already. Then we dropped some stuff off for Natalie and visited with her. She had just finished with an I-team meeting and was hanging out at her apartment. It's just fun to see her love life in all it's stages and just getting the most out of it!!. We then caught up at Derik's apartment and to see his place too. It was a great afternoon.

We then went out and spend a night at Derek and Britt's house. It was so much fun to see how excited the kids were to have us come. Even Cage, who has a hard time with girls, was pulling my hand and getting me into the living room. The excitement had rubbed off and him and he was excited to see us. We are acutally the first people to ever come stay in there hoiuse there in Archer. Since both the Joos' and Wards' live there in Idaho Falls the don't get visitors. We had so much fun just spending time with the kids playing wii play and wii fit, eating and munching. It went by so fast. We got to stay up and just talk with Britt and Derek. One of my very favorite things to do is just catch up and talk. We even got on the internet and started looking at land to build our Joostopia!! Man it's amazing just how land alone can add up so quickly! It was great fun to imagine what the future would hold. Too bad the student loans damper that a bit.

No comments: