So I'm so sorry that it has taken me this long to post about our ultrasound that was at the beginning of January, so here it is 6 weeks later. So I was so surprised by the poll of guesses on the blog stating that 71% thought that we'd have a girl. Well I was glad that I hadn't posted anything that we were thinking.
So this pregnancy has been so different from my first one. Kherrington's pregnancy was a breeze. I had no morning sickness and didn't get sick in the least as long as I snacked and ate regularly. I had no problems with any appointments, no major weight gain. (Only 25 lbs over all) I had a little acid reflux in the last trimester, but I only had that when I laid down at night at times. I worked full-time as a nurse without any restrictions til my due date. I even went a week over and had to be induced, but I still was feeling pretty good and wasn't miserable. Even with my first 12 weeks of my miscarriage last May I didn't feel bad at all. (I know there are many out there that want to kick me in the face right now!!! And I would totally agree)
Well before any of you get too mad, this pregnancy has been SOOOOOO different. I have had days when I've thrown up several times and they had no rhyme or reason to why, except that anything that made me cough or gag would really bring it on. And then there would be days when all I could really accomplish was laying on the couch and watch Kherrington play, cause I just didn't feel good, can't tell what it really was though, can't even explain what I was feeling!! Yeah me! I've felt really bad for Chad through all this, I mean really who really doesn't love going to work for 10+ hrs5-6 days a week and come home every night and not having anything ready to eat and the house looks like a tornado (Kherrington) has been through it. Well Chad and I were totally convinced we were going to get a boy out of this horrible trimester. We'd had several gals say that their girl and boy pregnancies were very different.
But low and behold we have another little girl on the way and really it would be exactly what we'd choose if we could. So Chad has some nieces that are just about 2 years apart that have just been the greatest friends to each other...and that has made us hope to have another little girl before we have a boy, just in hopes that they can have a friendship like Shayla and Erica. Another nice thing is that our girls will be about 23 months apart and so we have all the clothing that we'll need since they'll both be born in about the same seasons. We really don't have the finances for clothing and everything, so we were relieved about that side of it.
Now our friend Jen that we met in Pullman, (one of couples that were sucked adopted into the Vet group that we spend a lot of time with) told me she TOTALLY knew it'd be a girl, cause none of us have any boys yet (it seems like you had to have children before you came to Vet school to get a boy), even several years after many of them have graduated!! The count is quite astounding really.
So now that you've heard me rant and rave about how miserable I've been. I just have to say that overall, I know I still haven't had a totally horrible pregnancy. I've felt better since getting on some Pepcid AC that I take daily, and along with the 2nd trimester, I feel much better. With this being said, I knew there had to be some big changes for New Year so Chad won't leave me. Okay not really, but I have felt like I've been slacking in the mother and wife department. So that's what most of this year has been dedicated too. Making changes that needed to be changed and strengthening the relationships that mean the most to me!! So I'll eventually be telling you a little about the goals I've set for myself (A lot of these came from inspiration from my friend Lori, which probably had no idea what she inspired), and I've had some awesome results too.




5 comments:
Congratulations!!
My second pregnancy was harder too. Not lots, but enough. And many many days I laid on the couch while Austin destroyed the house. I know exactly how you feel and how you feel that Chad feels. I've been there. Heck, I'm still there, trying to get everything done I need to. I told Zach that maybe once both boys are in school full time I will be able to keep up with the house work. Anyway, good luck! And I know Chad is completely amazing and understanding like Zach, even if we feel they are frustrated with our shortcomings.
Congratulations!!! Of course it's a girl....there was something in the water at WSU. :) And yes, I can agree it is fun to have two girls together. Mine play together really cute most of the time and I'm sure yours will too. :)
Yay for girls! Your girls are very lucky to have you. You keep Kherrington looking so darn cute and I know that girl #2 will be just as cute and sweet.
Also, thank you so much for your very sweet compliment. I don't know how I have inspired you, but I hope it is for good and not for evil!
Love you and hope you feel better soon!
Lori
Yay! Sounds like you are doing good! And having fun! Sisters are fun! Mine aren't that close in age, but still close. I am glad you have been doing good, despite being sck from pregnancy, which is normal, at least for most of us! I look forward to reading and seeing more!
Post a Comment