Friday, September 19, 2008

Deal or No Deal

So I got this in an email and just thought it was so funny that and LDS person was the first one to win 1 million dollars on the Deal or No Deal game show!!
Chad and I have watched the show every once in while because the people
on it are hilarious to watch how dramatic they are. But here's the article
that LDS Living did on her with a link to clip!! Pretty funny!

LDS Wins $1 Million on Game Show Deal or No Deal

Ashley Evanson
09/09/2008 06:23 PM MDT

Jessica Robinson just got the best “deal” of her life — $1 million.


The Sandy, Utah resident and member of the LDS Church appeared last week on NBC’s game show Deal or No Deal and became the first-ever-million-dollar winner.

And what does she plan to do with all the money? Move back home to Austin, Texas, of course. Robinson moved to Utah for college where she attended Utah Valley State College, and she met her husband Ross while living in Provo, but thinks it’s time to move back home to the great state of Texas.

Robinson told the Deseret News her ploy for getting on the show: "I think it was, 'I'm pregnant and I want to go to Texas.' And I was totally crazy at the audition," she said. "It was like, Yee-ha! ... I'm not like that all the time. I promise."

When she taped the show in July she was 30-weeks pregnant and she used the airtime to reveal the baby’s sex on national television to her family. “It’s a boy!” was cleverly hidden in suitcase No. 13.

As for winning the $1 million, "It was more than a pleasant surprise," she said.

Even after being offered $561,000 to walk away, she just knew her suitcase had the big bucks and rejected the offer saying "I have Texas guts, y'all!"

"I turned down more than half a million dollars," she said. "Go big or go home, right?"

Robinson’s been keeping this secret for a long time, as the air date came two months after the taping. Now that people know, she feels relieved.

"People try to get it out of you.... Let me tell you how fun it was to go to church. Or go to any social event.

"I would tell people, 'I didn't win (only) a penny. It's a show worth watching. I'm not a total idiot on the show.'"

Click here to find a clip from the show. http://www.nbc.com/Deal_or_No_Deal/

---

LDS Living

2 comments:

The Yancey Family said...

I love your new blog background! Also, I saw that show and I just KNEW she was LDS! It was a good show, but I'm like you, I only watch it every once in awhile. I can't handle the suspense!

NicKim Family said...

When we had TV I loved watching it! I actually even applied, but never heard anything back. I never get to watch it anymore, but it's exciting that she's LDS and the first big winner!