So along with our Cruise to MEXICO we were also really lucky to spend some time with Jen Barnes and her mom and brother!! They were nice enough to let us stay the night before the cruise and then pick us up afterward!! Boy are we lucky to have such nice friends!! .
So Jenn came to pick us all up at the port and away we went to the LA temple. Jen had packed us a lunch and we ate it under the shade of the trees at the temple. We changed into church clothes and attended the ward right behing the temple in a neat old building. The chapel had a cry room. I had never heard of this, but it was a room at side of the chapel and had a few rows of seats and a glass window. I asked my mom about it and she does remember a few buildings that had them.
We then went to the Santa Monica Pier and it was so warm that we had to soak our feet in the waves. I had managed to have not been sunburned up until that point, but I had a nice line around my neck from the point. Then we went to Hollywood and got lost trying to drive to the letters on the hill. We also drove by Grauman's Chineses Theatre and then to LAX airport to drop Chadwick and Julie off for their flight home!!
On Monday Jen took us shopping at my favorite place H&M. Awesome and another visit to Golden Spoon. I think that was our second time that trip. Then we got to see the New Port Beach Temple. It was a pretty hue of pink. Something that I'd never seen.
We had a nice dinner again at Jen's mothers, and enjoyed the evening there! We brought back a metal butterfly for Donna's garden that we enjoyed so much as we were there. And I'll never forget the fresh squeezed orange juice!!!!
Monday, July 7, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







3 comments:
Looks like you had so much fun. Adam and I want to go on a cruise so bad. Maybe in a few years. Thanks for sharing the pics. Looks like a great time!
So, I had a random comment...I worked at Golden Spoon when I was in high school...love the frozen yogurt. :) It was fun to see pics of your vacation and we hope things go well for you guys as you start the new school year. Todd says hi too and you guys are always welcome if you're in North Dakota!! (I know it's kind of off the beaten track)
Yay for this blog! I miss you guys! ps...SO RAD that Hanna worked at golden spoon...dream job.
Post a Comment